Dear World Cup Candidate
Thank you for registering for the Masters World Cup trials.
We had a very successful and well-attended trial day in Cape Town recently. Due to the overwhelming response and interest from players across the country the SAMHA Executive committee has decided to hold a further trial day on Saturday 6 July 2019 from 09:00 to 16:00 for all Johannesburg-based players. The trials will be held at Randburg astro and St Stithians College. These trials are also open to players outside of Johannesburg should you wish to attend however, this is not compulsory.
A once-off trial levy of R500.00 is payable by all trialists prior to attendance. (see below for banking details).
Branch Name: Sandton City, TVL 132
Branch Code: 254605
Account Number: 62750268370
Name: South African Masters Hockey Association
All successful players from this trial will receive an email confirmation of their selection and progression to the final trials on Wednesday 7 August, which is scheduled to start from 09h00 at Randburg astro and St Stithians College. The aforementioned trials (7 August 2019) will still be open to registered trialists from other parts of the country, who were unable to attend the first round of trials in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Players who attended the Cape Town trials on 12 May do not need to attend the July session in Johannesburg, they will progress to the final trials unless otherwise notified.
The closing date for registration is midnight on 5 June 2019.
We have done an estimation of costs for the World Cup in England (35+&40+) and in Cape
Town (45+, 50+, 55+) and the costs are likely to be:
- England – R50 000 (Including travel, but excluding spending money);
- Cape Town – R27 000 (Excluding travel to Cape Town & spending money).
We have had to make certain assumptions regarding the choice of accommodation, flight costs, exchange rate, etc., but the above figures will be in the ballpark. Please note that the above cost also includes the manager and coach’s subsidy contribution.
Please confirm your attendance at the Johannesburg Trials on 6 July 2019 by clicking on the link below.
Click on the link: https://marmaladesport.co.za/SAMHA/conf/
Instructions for confirming the attendance:
1. Once you have loaded the website, please enter your email address (please use the email address you have already registered for the World Cup trials) and click on “Submit” button.
2. Enter your existing password and click on the “Login” button.
3. Please confirm your attendance by clicking on the checkbox, then click on the save button.
4. Now you can view the payment information. Please send the proof of payment to email@example.com .